...LiFe iS BeauTifuL...

There are lots of beautiful things around us. It's just a matter of how we see it and whether we're able to realize it. In life, of course there are always some ups and downs. However, I believe, that even in the most difficult situation, there's always a beautiful thing.. As wise people say, "Everything happens for a reason".

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Word for Crisis

Maybe I went a little overboard with the term crisis the other day when I mentioned my existential crisis. Perhaps I should have used predicamentor even the less inflammatory situation. All I know is that I didn’t quite get the reaction I expected when I wanted to discuss my circumstance with my Sweetie. He laughed at me. Yep, laughed. Later he tried to get out of trouble by saying that he was joking with me in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Then a friend of mine asked if I had been reading Kierkegaard. Ha-ha, very funny.

Since I didn’t have any luck with the amateurs, I decided to discuss myjuncture with my therapist.

Gosh, I never thought that I would be one of those people who would say that I need to discuss something with my therapist. Or reiterate, “My therapist said…”

But you know what? When you find the right one, they really can be helpful.

So today my therapist and I discussed my exigency. I’ve been rolling the thought around in my head for a few days now so I felt like I had a pretty good grasp on it. Much of what we’ve covered in the past six months meshes with this particular dilemma.

In a sense, I’ve been working on resolving my existential crisis for quite some time now. It’s just the fact that I suddenly became aware of it and was able to identify it that really threw me for a loop. Silly Erica.

One very important and valuable item I’ve discovered in my therapy journey over the past several months, is that once my logical brain resolves and/or identifies an issue, it then takes my emotional side about two days to process the information. Some times an emotional release is involved. But after that, I'm golden.

Do you ever overreact to a sudden realization?
Do you ever need to sort out a situation keeping logic and emotions separate?

No comments:

Post a Comment